- Adequate levels of magnesium are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and death from cardiovascular events through decreased blood pressure and helping the cardiac muscle relax. Learn what other supplements help by clicking here.
- Magnesium can also be used topically on the skin as a spray, salve, or cream to help with muscle cramping. It can also be used orally for the prevention of migraines with very few side effects.
- Magnesium acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in the lungs and can also help widen children’s airways. Even adults taking oral asthma were also able to benefit from improved quality of life scores and decreased dependence on their inhalers.
- Magnesium may be beneficial when dealing with stress.
How does Magnesium work?
Originally, magnesium was used for its laxative properties. Magnesium works as an osmotic laxative meaning it draws water out of the colon so that poop is better hydrated and softer. Magnesium is a much gentler laxative as stimulant laxatives stimulate the colon and stool softeners change the chemical composition of poop to make it easier to pass.
As a laxative magnesium is associated with the least amount of side effects as compared to other forms of laxatives.
Magnesium also works in your muscles to help with contractions. Muscle contraction begins when calcium atoms are released into the muscle, but it takes the release of magnesium to initiate complete muscle relaxation. Without enough magnesium, muscles would stay in a contracted state and people would feel a much higher rate of cramping.
Magnesium is a cofactor in over 300 biochemical reactions required to maintain normal body functioning. Within the processes of the body’s magnesium is responsible for creating the base form of energy (ATP) and regulating blood sugar through insulin release.
Which Magnesium Do I Recommend?
I would have to recommend Reacted Multimin right now with the introduction of the corona virus right now, but Reacted Magnesium would be a really close second. What I like about the reacted Multimin is that it combines it with Reacted Zinc, Chromium, Potassium, and Vandyl Sulfate.
So if you enjoyed this content and you want more of it, make sure you go ahead and …
- Subscribe to our blog post